Ayurveda & Acne
by Monica Yearwood
Acne is most frequently caused by an excess of pitta dosha and/or toxins that are circulating in the blood. The skin is the largest organ in the body. It helps the body cleanse by emitting toxins through the dermal layer. Acne is a symptom that gut bacteria is imbalanced, toxins are in the liver, and the lymph is congested.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Acne
- Get an assessment to understand which dosha(s) are in excess and how to reduce them.
- Use herbal blood cleansers.
- Flush the small intestine with herbal laxatives
- Cleanse the liver.
- Detox the lymphatic system with manual drainage techniques.
- Avoid allergenic foods.
- Treat the cause: candidas, allergies or hormonal imbalance.
- Destroy pathogenic bacteria and yeast with herbal andti-biotics and anti-fungals.
- Repopulate the gut with beneficial bacteria.
- Use ghee and mucosal herbs to decrease inflammation in the GI tract