Udvartana is a powerful detoxifying treatment of the lymphatic and circulatory system. We use hand blended herbs mixed with oils that our therapists massage into the body using specific strokes to stimulate weight loss.
In our holistic spa we offer traditional and modern ayurvedic treatments and spa therapies based on ayurveda.
The lymphatic system is part of the circulatory system, comprising a network of lymphatic vessels that carry a clear fluid called lymph: a clear, colorless fluid containing white blood cells that helps rid the body of toxins, wastes and other unwanted materials.
When our lymphatic system is not working properly, we may experience symptoms of:
- Pain, muscle soreness, swelling
- Fatigue, malaise, lethargy
- Colds, post nasal drip, sore throats and plugged ears
- Swollen and painful lymph nodes
- Puffy eyes or facial swelling
- Water retention (especially around the abdomen)
Manual lymph drainage techniques, like udvartana, use a specific amount of pressure and rhythmic movements to stimulate lymph flow. In this treatment, two ayurvedic therapists apply warm medicinal herbs, blended into a thick paste, along specific energetic and lymphatic pathways in the body. Using light strokes directionally toward the heart and abdomen, the lymph system is stimulated, facilitating the release of toxic buildup and debris in the lymph glands.
Udvartana is traditionally used for weight loss, detoxification, poor circulation, conditions of stagnate lymph, and lymphatic drainage.
Key Ingredients List
Bala nourishes and strengthens immunity, heals the nerves, reduces pain and stimulates formation of healthy new tissue. It is known for it’s ability to rejuvenate the nervous system and enhance systemic strength and vitality. Bala is traditionally used to treat conditions of circulatory system weakness, exhaustion, or trauma.
Mahasudarshan is a complex formulation of Ayurvedic herbs that bolsters immunity through detoxification. Traditionally used for fever and disorders of the liver and lymph, mahasudarshan decongests the body and enhances the elimination of toxins, assisting the immune system in times of infection.
The strong, penetrating aroma of camphor oil is a powerful decongestant. Used in many balms & cold rubs it relieves congestion of the bronchi, larynx, pharynx, nasal tracts and lungs. In ayurveda is heating and powerfully reducing to vata and kapha dosha.
Book in November & Receive
60-minute treatment udvartana treatment performed by two ayurvedic therapists.
At Home Lymphatic System Care Kit ($45.00 value)
- Directions on how to perform a lymphatic massage at home to maintain your lymphatic health between udvartana treatments at Hamsa.
- 1 oz bottle of mahanarayana oil (for lymphatic detoxification).
- Natural fiber gloves to wear during self-massage for manual stimulation of lymphatic system.
- 30-Day Supply of Hamsa’s ‘Advance Detox Formula,’ powerful formula used for detoxification of the lymph, circulatory system & digestive system.